Treatment of Individuals with Addictive & Co-occurring Disorders: A Strengths-based Approach
The Covid 19 pandemic has contributed to an increase in substance abuse of alcohol and opiate overdoses. Dr. Meichenbaum will present strengths- and evidence-based treatment approaches that contribute to long-lasting behavioral changes. A Case Conceptualization Model of risk and protective factors that informs assessment and treatment decision-making will be discussed. In addition, Dr. Meichenbaum will discuss how the core tasks of integrated psychotherapy can be conducted on both an individual and group basis, focusing on co-occurring disorders such as PTSD and Prolong and Complicated Grief...Read more. He will also consider ways to bolster resilience in clients and on ways to spot HYPE in the field of psychotherapy. A detailed handout, including TO DO tasks for attendees will be included. Less...
- Explain how to use a Case Conceptualization Model that informs both assessment and treatment decision-making
- Utilize evidenced-base integrative treatment interventions with patients with co-occurring addictive disorders
- Describe a strengths-based treatment approach that bolsters resilience in patients with addictive disorders
- Intermediate to advanced
Saturday, October 16, 2021
11:00 AM EDT - 02:15 PM EDTRegister for this Webinar
About the speaker
Donald Meichenbaum, PhD
Dr. Meichenbaum is one of the founders of Cognitive behavior therapy and in a survey of clinicians, he was voted "one of the ten most influential psychotherapists of the 20th century." He has received a Lifetime Achievement Award from the Clinical Division of the American Psychological Association. He was the Honorary President of the Canadian Psychological Association. He has presented in all of the Canadian Provinces, in all 50 U.S. states, and internationally.
His latest book "Treating individuals with addiction disorders: A strengths-based workbook for patients and clinicians" is being published by Routledge Press. He celebrated his 80th birthday publishing "The evolution of cognitive behavior therapy: A personal and professional journey with Don Meichenbaum" (Routledge Press).
CE Information - Earn 3 CE Credit Hours
American Psychological Association
Association of Social Work Boards
National Board for Certified Counselors
Make An Impact is a service division of CE Learning Systems.
NAADAC, the Association for Addiction Professionals
New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work
New York Education Department Board of Creative Arts Therapy
New York Education Department for Licensed Mental Health Counselors
California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals
New York State Education Department's State Board for Psychology
New York State Education Department's State Board for Marriage and Family Therapy
Missouri Substance Abuse Counselors’ Certification Board
CE Process Info
Each professional is responsible for the individual requirements as stipulated by his/her licensing agency. Please contact your individual licensing board/regulatory agency to review continuing education requirements for licensure renewal. Please note: You must attend "live" (in real-time) to earn CE's.
A continuing education certificate for the event will be obtained using the website, CE-Go. Before the event, you will receive an email containing a link to CE-Go. (This link will be sent to the email account you used to register for the event).
Upon accessing the CE-Go website, you will be able to:
- Complete evaluation forms for the event
- Download your continuing education certificate in a PDF format
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the CE-Go process, please contact CE-Go at 888-498-5578 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Note: Emails for this event will come from "email@example.com". Please make sure to check your spam/junk folder in case those emails get "stuck". We'd also suggest "whitelisting" firstname.lastname@example.org. This tells your email client that you know this sender and trust them, which will keep emails from this contact at the top of your inbox and out of the junk folder.
1. This webinar will be hosted via Zoom, and you may be prompted to download or upgrade your Zoom app if using a mobile device. A strong WiFi connection will be required for best quality.
2. We recommend clicking your "Join Webinar" button early and checking that your speakers are on before the event begins. Please do not worry about being seen or heard! Attendee video feeds and mics are turned off by default when entering a webinar. You will be able to ask questions via the Q&A feature.
3. The webinar will be recorded and available for review by attendees for 30 days. Please respect that no copying, recording, or distribution of live session content is allowed. CE's are provided for the "live" sessions only. CE's will not be available for the recordings.