Introduction to the EMDR Model
In this session we will explore the Model of EMDR, its potential usefulness within your practice, and the model as an adjunct therapy. EMDR is a well-researched and evidence-based modality, one that practitioners can use in a variety of settings and with a variety of client populations. This session will include the history of the model and its usefulness with different diagnoses, symptoms, and presenting issues. In addition, practical applications and research outcomes will be addressed. Less...
- Describe a brief history of the EMDR model, its intended use, and the 8 phases of the model.
- Describe how EMDR can bridge the gap of Professional Burnout.
- Identify client factors, diagnoses and struggles EMDR can address.
- All Levels
Saturday, April 22, 2023
11:00 AM EDT - 01:00 PM EDTRegister for this Webinar
About the speaker
Jennifer Mercer-Castro, M.A., LMFT
During my time in mental health, I have worked in a variety of settings with diverse client populations, ranging from residential treatment programs, school-based programs, In-home/Community based programs, and private practice. I pull from all my previous experience and training to create treatment approaches that support my clients in working through life’s big or little things and everything in between.
Due to the populations I have worked with, I was drawn to EMDR as a primary modality for my practice. Since being trained in 2017 (Basic Training) I have pursued my Certification in EMDR (additional supervision and other criteria) as well as obtained advanced trainings in EMDR with addictions, early attachment wounds, and early childhood trauma. I am currently an EMDR Coach/Consultant in Training, working towards certification to provide consultation to clinicians learning EMDR or seeking their own certification.
11:05-11:30am Objectives of training, History of EMDR
11:30-12:00pm Cover foundations of Model and 8 phases with examples
12:00-12:30pm Demographics, Diagnosis, struggles EMDR treatment, Efficacy of model across the different diagnosis
Break 12:30- 12:45 (15 mins)
12:45- 12: 55pm Adaptive protocols
12:55-1:05pm Potential of EMDR of bridge gap of professional burnout
1:05-1:15 pm Q & A Information for those wanting to get trained.
CE Information - Earn 2 CE Credit Hours
American Psychological Association
Association of Social Work Boards
National Board for Certified Counselors
New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work
New York Education Department Board of Creative Arts Therapy
New York Education Department for Licensed Mental Health Counselors
New York Education Department Board for Licensed Psychoanalysts
New York State Education Department's State Board for Psychology
New York State Education Department's State Board for Marriage and Family Therapy
CE Process Info
Each professional is responsible for the individual requirements as stipulated by his/her licensing agency. Please contact your individual licensing board/regulatory agency to review continuing education requirements for licensure renewal. Please note: You must attend "live" (in real-time) to earn CE's.
A continuing education certificate for the event will be obtained using the website, CE-Go. Before the event, you will receive an email containing a link to CE-Go. (This link will be sent to the email account you used to register for the event).
Upon accessing the CE-Go website, you will be able to:
- Complete evaluation forms for the event
- Download your continuing education certificate in a PDF format
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the CE-Go process, please contact CE-Go at 888-498-5578 or by email at email@example.com
Please Note: Emails for this event will come from "firstname.lastname@example.org". Please make sure to check your spam/junk folder in case those emails get "stuck". We'd also suggest "whitelisting" email@example.com. This tells your email client that you know this sender and trust them, which will keep emails from this contact at the top of your inbox and out of the junk folder.
1. This webinar will be hosted via Zoom, and you may be prompted to download or upgrade your Zoom app if using a mobile device. A strong WiFi connection will be required for best quality.
2. We recommend clicking your "Join Webinar" button early and checking that your speakers are on before the event begins. Please do not worry about being seen or heard! Attendee video feeds and mics are turned off by default when entering a webinar. You will be able to ask questions via the Q&A feature.
3. The webinar will be recorded and available for review by attendees for 30 days. Please respect that no copying, recording, or distribution of live session content is allowed. CE's are provided for the "live" sessions only. CE's will not be available for the recordings.
DisclosureDISCLOSURE OF RELEVANT FINANCIAL RELATIONSHIPS
CE Learning Systems, LLC is an independent provider of continuing medical education. CE Learning Systems, LLC has no proprietary or financial interest in medical or healthcare products over which the FDA (USA) or EMA (EU) has regulatory authority.
In accordance with our disclosure policies, CE Learning Systems, LLC is committed to ensuring balance, independence, objectivity, and scientific rigor for all accredited continuing education. These policies include assigning relevance to, and mitigating, all perceived or real conflicts of interest between any individual with control over the content and any ineligible company (commercial interest).
Any individual with control over accredited content, including planner, faculty, and reviewer, is required to globally disclose:
1. Individual relationship(s) or lack thereof, and its nature, with any/all ineligible company, and;
2. any investigational, off-label, or non-FDA approved content or discussion
CE Learning Systems, LLC has reviewed these disclosures, assigned relevance based on the relationship and scope of content, and identified those with the potential to compromise the goals and educational integrity of the education. Relevant relationships, or lack thereof, are shared with the learner.
Education has been independently peer-reviewed to validate content, mitigate identified conflicts of interest, and ensure:
1. All recommendations involving clinical medicine is based on evidence that is accepted within the medical profession as adequate justification for their indications and contraindications in the care of patients.
2. All scientific research referred to, reported, or used in accredited continuing education in support or justification of a patient care recommendation conforms to the generally accepted standards of experimental design, data collection, and analysis.
3. Content is appropriate, fair and balanced, unbiased, referenced, and non-promotional.
The faculty have reported the following: There are no relevant disclosures.
The planners have reported the following: There are no relevant disclosures.