Assessment of Suicidality in Children and Adolescents
In this webinar, we will review statistics related to suicidal behavior in children and adolescents, as well as more recent research on the impact of COVID-19 and suicidality among youth. We will identify common “red flag” indicators of potential suicidal intent/behavior, commonalities and myths about suicide, and relevant developmental considerations. We will review risk assessment areas to explore, the use of functional behavioral analysis when assessing for suicidality, as well as evidence-based screening and assessment forms for use in practice. Less...
- Summarize the prevalence of suicide and suicidal behavior among children and adolescents in the U.S.
- Identify at least 3 important indicators of suicidal intent and behavior.
- Describe evidence-based screening, assessment, and prevention efforts.
Thursday, March 10, 2022
11:00 AM EST - 02:15 PM ESTRegister for this Webinar
About the speaker
CE Information - Earn 3 CE Credit Hours
American Psychological Association
Association of Social Work Boards
National Board for Certified Counselors
Make An Impact is a service division of CE Learning Systems.
NAADAC, the Association for Addiction Professionals
New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work
New York Education Department Board of Creative Arts Therapy
New York Education Department for Licensed Mental Health Counselors
New York Education Department Board for Licensed Psychoanalysts
New York State Education Department's State Board for Psychology
New York State Education Department's State Board for Marriage and Family Therapy
CE Process Info
Each professional is responsible for the individual requirements as stipulated by his/her licensing agency. Please contact your individual licensing board/regulatory agency to review continuing education requirements for licensure renewal. Please note: You must attend "live" (in real-time) to earn CE's.
A continuing education certificate for the event will be obtained using the website, CE-Go. Before the event, you will receive an email containing a link to CE-Go. (This link will be sent to the email account you used to register for the event).
Upon accessing the CE-Go website, you will be able to:
- Complete evaluation forms for the event
- Download your continuing education certificate in a PDF format
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the CE-Go process, please contact CE-Go at 888-498-5578 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Note: Emails for this event will come from "email@example.com". Please make sure to check your spam/junk folder in case those emails get "stuck". We'd also suggest "whitelisting" firstname.lastname@example.org. This tells your email client that you know this sender and trust them, which will keep emails from this contact at the top of your inbox and out of the junk folder.
1. This webinar will be hosted via Zoom, and you may be prompted to download or upgrade your Zoom app if using a mobile device. A strong WiFi connection will be required for best quality.
2. We recommend clicking your "Join Webinar" button early and checking that your speakers are on before the event begins. Please do not worry about being seen or heard! Attendee video feeds and mics are turned off by default when entering a webinar. You will be able to ask questions via the Q&A feature.
3. The webinar will be recorded and available for review by attendees for 30 days. Please respect that no copying, recording, or distribution of live session content is allowed. CE's are provided for the "live" sessions only. CE's will not be available for the recordings.
DisclosurePresenter Disclosure: Financial disclosures: The presenter(s) receive an honorarium for presenting this webinar. There are no nonfinancial relationships in the products or services described, reviewed, evaluated or compared in this presentation.
Commercial Support: There is no commercial support for any products to disclose.