Art Therapy: An Integrated Experience for Addiction Recovery
In this live, interactive webinar, Mrs. Caldwell Engle will review the developmental effects caused by unresolved trauma and its impact on the addictive client. She will also identify four factors that contribute to chronic addictive and mental health patterns including the consequences of early suppression. On-going, chronic suppression ultimately breaks down the natural feedback loop between the mind/body decreasing emotional awareness, affect tolerance and self-esteem. Therefore, it is critical that treatment modalities include integrative experiential opportunities that practice the re-i...Read morentegration of this critical feedback loop.
Mrs. Caldwell Engle will share various experiential techniques including journaling, art therapy, and bodywork. Journaling assignments, pictures of clients’ artwork, and case vignettes will be reviewed with time for questions and answers. Less...
- Explain the mind/body disconnect inherent in chronic addictions and mental health struggles.
- Review and discuss client artwork as case presentations
- Explain the role of suppression in both substance and process addictions.
- Intermediate to Advanced
Wednesday, March 08, 2023
11:00 AM EST - 12:30 PM ESTRegister for this Webinar
About the speaker
Melissa Caldwell Engle, LPC, ATR
Melissa is the co-founder and EVP of clinical programming for Healing Springs Ranch, a residential treatment facility for addictions. She has worked with all behavioral health diagnoses including Depression, Dual-Diagnoses, Anxiety, Bi-Polar, Personality Disorders, PTSD, Eating Disorders, OCD, Dissociative Disorders, and ALL addictive patterns and diagnoses both on the individual and group level.
CE Information - Earn 1.5 CE Credit Hours
American Psychological Association
Association of Social Work Boards
National Board for Certified Counselors
NAADAC, the Association for Addiction Professionals
New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work
New York Education Department Board of Creative Arts Therapy
New York Education Department for Licensed Mental Health Counselors
New York Education Department Board for Licensed Psychoanalysts
New York State Education Department's State Board for Psychology
New York State Education Department's State Board for Marriage and Family Therapy
CE Process Info
Each professional is responsible for the individual requirements as stipulated by his/her licensing agency. Please contact your individual licensing board/regulatory agency to review continuing education requirements for licensure renewal. Please note: You must attend "live" (in real-time) to earn CE's.
A continuing education certificate for the event will be obtained using the website, CE-Go. Before the event, you will receive an email containing a link to CE-Go. (This link will be sent to the email account you used to register for the event).
Upon accessing the CE-Go website, you will be able to:
- Complete evaluation forms for the event
- Download your continuing education certificate in a PDF format
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the CE-Go process, please contact CE-Go at 888-498-5578 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Note: Emails for this event will come from "email@example.com". Please make sure to check your spam/junk folder in case those emails get "stuck". We'd also suggest "whitelisting" firstname.lastname@example.org. This tells your email client that you know this sender and trust them, which will keep emails from this contact at the top of your inbox and out of the junk folder.
1. This webinar will be hosted via Zoom, and you may be prompted to download or upgrade your Zoom app if using a mobile device. A strong WiFi connection will be required for best quality.
2. We recommend clicking your "Join Webinar" button early and checking that your speakers are on before the event begins. Please do not worry about being seen or heard! Attendee video feeds and mics are turned off by default when entering a webinar. You will be able to ask questions via the Q&A feature.
3. The webinar will be recorded and available for review by attendees for 30 days. Please respect that no copying, recording, or distribution of live session content is allowed. CE's are provided for the "live" sessions only. CE's will not be available for the recordings.
DisclosureDISCLOSURE OF RELEVANT FINANCIAL RELATIONSHIPS
CE Learning Systems, LLC is an independent provider of continuing medical education. CE Learning Systems, LLC has no proprietary or financial interest in medical or healthcare products over which the FDA (USA) or EMA (EU) has regulatory authority.
In accordance with our disclosure policies, CE Learning Systems, LLC is committed to ensuring balance, independence, objectivity, and scientific rigor for all accredited continuing education. These policies include assigning relevance to, and mitigating, all perceived or real conflicts of interest between any individual with control over the content and any ineligible company (commercial interest).
Any individual with control over accredited content, including planner, faculty, and reviewer, is required to globally disclose:
1. Individual relationship(s) or lack thereof, and its nature, with any/all ineligible company, and;
2. any investigational, off-label, or non-FDA approved content or discussion
CE Learning Systems, LLC has reviewed these disclosures, assigned relevance based on the relationship and scope of content, and identified those with the potential to compromise the goals and educational integrity of the education. Relevant relationships, or lack thereof, are shared with the learner.
Education has been independently peer-reviewed to validate content, mitigate identified conflicts of interest, and ensure:
1. All recommendations involving clinical medicine is based on evidence that is accepted within the medical profession as adequate justification for their indications and contraindications in the care of patients.
2. All scientific research referred to, reported, or used in accredited continuing education in support or justification of a patient care recommendation conforms to the generally accepted standards of experimental design, data collection, and analysis.
3. Content is appropriate, fair and balanced, unbiased, referenced, and non-promotional.
The faculty have reported the following: There are no relevant disclosures.
The planners have reported the following: There are no relevant disclosures.